Thursday, January 5, 2012

Why should I serve a Mission?

Elder W. Grant Bangerter


President Kimball announced all young men should serve a mission.

On certain occasions have approached young men of missionary age and informed them that they have been called to serve a mission. Sometimes they explain that they have no desire to go on a misson .

I then tell them that is immaterial to me whether you serve a mission or not.

Of course it is not at all immaterial.

But I say I am only informing you of the calling the Lord has given you.

They often continue to offer every conceivable excuse to me of why they should not go

I simply tell them

DON’T TELL ME;

TELL THE LORD

HE IS THE ONE WHO EXTENDED THE CALL

YOU GO AND PRAY AND ASK HIM WHAT HE WANTS YOU TO DO

Almost always they return from that experience saying well. I suppose I had better go on a mission. For some of them it is then time for me to say:
Now we both understand that you are not quite prepared so let us begin to take the steps by which you will be qualified to go.

No comments: