Saturday, June 12, 2010

Alternate "Empty chair in church"

There is an empty chair in church

Whose could it be?

It’s always there each Sunday sitting quietly.

That chair always seems more like a nuisance

Always getting in the way.

So in their minds the congregation did say

To remove the chair

Oh who would despair?

Does anyone care?

I Just don’t know why it must stay

For what good is an empty chair when it is always in the way!!

If they only knew where that chairs been

It would be thought a sin, to remove that chair from its place

No matter how thick or thin

For it would only be a selfish effort just to save a little space

If they only knew who would fill it

If they could only see

For that is the place where Jesus sits

Observing quietly

I did not know he was holding that seat

Patiently he did wait

For me to wander down my winding course to learn from my mistakes

There is an empty chair in church

that chairs just for me

Jesus has reserved it and is waiting patiently.

If they only knew

How great their search would be

For that chair that sits vacant in The Lords house is waiting for you and me.

when you draw close to the Lord

He will draw close to you

All he ask is a little time each day just a moment or two.

Jesus does not care about your talents for which you do possess

For he can give you more his gifts are limitless

But rather the ones you have and humbly share each day

The master sees the worldly cares and pride that stands in the way

For he knows the worldly things only waste our day.

So he has given us talents but for them you must pay

You see there is a cost attached you’ll see along the way

You must share them wisely or they will not stay

For when you share your talents I know You will see his face

As you serve your neighbor you will find his loving grace

In so doing you will find the ones you love

Those waiting just for you

Perhaps you once made them a promise before you came here too

With this promise you must keep and search every day

You see we lived in heaven and full happiness we did seek.

When the two plans were presented our joy was at its peak

We stood together as joyfully chose the path we could not fake

To come to earth and gain a body and learn from our mistakes.

For you it was given to hear of his word.

For me I would be a stranger to the work you see.

You have to share the gospel in the way you know I’ll see

You’ll know how to teach me as you pray silently

The most important thing is to give of your time in the master’s hand this time he cannot steal

You have to give with a willing heart and serve with might and zeal

As I watch the way you live your life, I will find great appeal

I will see the word s that Jesus taught in every thought and deed

As you share the gospel I know that I see a friend from not so long ago

Who made a promise to me.



By

D. Newburn

No comments: