Saturday, June 12, 2010

Eternal Love

I know there is someone out there

Find them I must

For they are my eternal companion

In them I trust

To give of my heart , might , mind and soul

To kneel across the alter I know

I must be clean in word and deed for this much I know.

And when I am not righteous

I know I give way, to the enticings of the evil one who leads me astray

When I am not righteous, it alters my lifes course leading me further from my best true love

Who is on the righteous course

Oh there are many beautiful flowers I could pick along the way

If I choose to pick of the flowers I find along the way

But I realize it will be but a short time before they have gone away

Their beauty far better to admire sticking to your path for if they are not beside

You know they just wont do.

I know it is so tempting to leave your straight course

For only just a moment

Just one time just wont hurt

But then you realize there are so many and you want them to

Before you know it

You have wandered away from the path you held so dear

And now it will take great effort for you to run and steer

For the path back to the road is a hard one

It is a long way back to the top

For the hill was so gently sloping you didn’t think to stop

The time lost is but a moment and for this you must repent

It would be far greater if you would have never went.

For the flowers lasted but a moment and a moment just don’t last

For your journey is a long one

One which you must live life through

And without the roots of the gospel

You know they just wont do

You can admire their beauty in passing they all seem sweet

You know on close inspection that flower just wont do

For their beauty is so pleasing, but then you remember the stakes

For life has many winding roads that make the journey seem fun

But the only one that leads to eternity is found on the only straight one

How boring the path seems to the masses

But you know the truth

Be ware of the flowers whom seem to be on the path

Take them to the lord in prayer for he knows if they will last.

I thought I found that flower once with whom I would live life through

But she said she was not worthy and would not meet me there

So I knew what I must do

And so I found another with whom the lord did prepare.

She had found her way back to the path

And with her I did meet

And when I took her to the lord in prayer

I found my heart did beat

With the love the one true love

The one that would meet

At the Lords most Holy house to kneal at his feet

To make the covenants he did prepare

To last my whole life through and he allowed me to have my one true love

For eternity too!!!!!!!

When you qualify yourself in both word and deed

you will find another who will meet you in that holy place

for the lord has prepared many but he must allow their space

to make correct choices is the only key

You must keep your mind on that straight and narrow path

To find that promised one

For she will be the most beautiful flower that blooms every day

When you find her it is then you see

That your mind could not see the forest for you were blinded by all the trees

This is when you realize the flowers along the way

Were but mear annuals whom bloom and fall away

But in the true flower you have sought at all cost

You have found she is a rose

Youll find she may have a few thorns but wow

She is a Rose.

A rose is very beautiful

The thorns you will take for these protect the root to which her nourishment lies

For her roots are set so deep that when the winter is through

All you have to do is trim her back

Then sit and watch her bloom

Her fruit is the Flower of which makes life sweet

The only way to enjoy her is to visit her every day

And pluck of her offerings or they will go away.

You see the more a rose is tended

The more it will bloom

And it is with marriage with the one you live life through

Think of the worth of a perfect rose

Made for only you.

In this you realize one great truth

If you live your life holding to the rod

You will be blessed

For there are many who would be just right for you

But to get the choicest yet

You must maintain your plotted course and not go astray

For it is only on that course you will find her today.

It has been 10 years now since I found her on my course

It seems but a moment

and what trials we have faced

Did I mention it seems but a moment since I first saw her face

The face of an angel standing in my course

Who could have guessed she was my wife for I was on my way

To meet another to dance the night away

But the lord had another plan

One that made me sick at the thought fun I had to turn away

You see the lord had another plan

So he pushed her in my way

She was a young fair beauty

But my mind said 7 yrs no way

But the Lord had a larger plan

And her beauty was not skin deep

For she was my best friend you see

And with her I did come to the dance to meet another

But this was spoiled by my brother.

But in the eternal scheme of things she was only a moment late

For the lord knew time is but a number

And seconds he did see

For the woman he chose for me

Was but a moment late

In the grand scheme of things 7 years, WELL……..

SHE WAS WORTH THE WAIT!!!!!!!!!

I was 26 and she was 19

If there is hope for me there is hope for you.

Now the time does not matter

It is all water over the dam

Now it set back and admire the view

Out over the land

For she has made life sweet you see.

And children she did bear

Who make me forget all the worldly things even when they are in my hair.

Life is sweet you see

When you follow the plan

For the lord has a charted course

But you must take a stand

Grab that rod and hold it tight

Hang on to it with all your might

For if you do this you will see

You will find that beauty the Lord has prepared

Just you wait and see.

By D. Newburn

No comments: