Sunday, February 22, 2009

When You Choose to Follow Christ You Choose To Be Changed

There are many times in this life Our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ bless Us and we do not even realize it.

I will share with you a popular poem that illustrates my point.
Try inserting your name as you read.

(Foot Prints)
One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."


When You are down and out and trials are upon you
ask yourself a question.

Is this happening because bad things happen to good people??????
Or
Is the Lord trying to tell me something.
Then get on your knees, search, Fast and pray, repent and I promise you will
find your answer.

I do not believe there has ever been a Person who walked into their Pastors/Bishops office and said
I am paying my tithing, attending my meetings, serving in church, reading my scriptures, attending the temple, doing all that I can do to draw near to the Lord and my life is falling apart.

If you CHOOSE TO DRAW NEAR TO THE LORD HE WILL DRAW NEAR UNTO YOU.

When we stray away from the principals we have covenanted to and the values we know are right we become vulnerable because the Lords hands are tied he is bound by the laws of the Universe and God to withdraw his spirit and blessings from you for a season.
But on the other hand
If you are doing all that you can do, YOU WILL STILL FALL SHORT but
That is the reason Christ died on the Cross for You and I to pick up where you fall short.
If you are doing all that you can do
GOD the Father and His son JESUS CHRIST are bound by the laws of the Universe to bless you.

No comments: