Sunday, March 1, 2009

The little Indian boy and the Snake

Once upon a time there was a little Indian boy out climbing a nearby mountain on one cold winter day. While he was hiking he came across a rattle snake laying in the path. The snake was shivering, and said to the boy. "Please help me. I can't move, I am so cold that I can no longer make it any further down the mountain." The boy said to the snake "No way! You're a snake, if I pick you up, you'll bite me! " The snake replied. "No, no I won't, I promise I won't bite you. If you help me you will be different. You will be my best friend why would I harm you. The snake was very cunning and very persistent in his pleading. So the young boy picked up the snake, put him in his shirt, and down the path. When the little Indian boy got back down to the bottom of the mountain, he reached in, took out the snake, and the snake bit the young boy. The boy replied to the snake "Hey! You bit me, you said that if I'd help you out, that you wouldn't bite me! "The snake replied "But you knew what I was when you picked me up!"
So often in life we believe that we can associate with sin and not suffer any consequences. Let us remember Satin only ask for you to let him allow his toe to rest upon your door. But before you know it he is in your house. If you allow him to ride with you the next thing he will want to do is drive. I pray that we will be wise in our daily activities so we will not become causality of unrighteousness.

No comments: