Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Little Indian Boy And The Rattle Snake

One day a  little boy was walking down a path high in the mountains when he came across a rattlesnake. The rattlesnake was very cold. and asked, "Please little boy, I am so cold can you pleas pick me up and take me to the bottom of the mountain? If I stay here I will surly freeze and die." The little boy answered "No Mr. Rattlesnake I know who you are. If I pick you up, you'll bite me and I'll die." The rattlesnake said, "No, I promise for you will be different to me. If you do this you will save my life and will forever be my friend. and if you are my friend then you know I would never bite a friend. Just please take me down the mountain so I might live." The little boy thought about it because the snake was very nice and persuasive. Finally after much aprehension the little indian boy picked up that rattlesnake and took it close to his chest and carried it down  to the bottom of the mountain.


They sat there and warmed themselves together in the sun.  Then after the sunset the rattlesnake turned to the little boy and asked, "Can you take me to your home now? I am very tired and hungry. " The little Indian boy felt compassion for the snake and again took it to his chest and held it tightly and safely. He came all the way down the mountain holding the snake carefully and took it to his home to give him some food and a place to sleep. The next day the rattlesnake turned to the boy and asked, "Please little boy, will you take me back to my home now? I need to go and check on my family and it is far to cold for me to make the journey alone so will you please take me to my home now." The little boy felt he had been safe all this time and the snake had kept his word, so he agreed to take the snake home as he asked.

He carefully picked up the snake, took it close to his chest, and carried him back to the woods, to his home. Just as the little boy began to lay the rattlesnake down, the rattlesnake turned and bit him in the chest. The little boy cried out and threw the snake upon the ground. "Mr. Snake, why did you do that? You said I was different, You said I was your friend,  Now I will surely die!" The rattlesnake looked up at him and grinned, and said as he slithered into his home, "You knew what I was when you picked me up."

So many times in life we falsely believe that we can flirt with sin and come out a victor it is only after we have been caught in the snares of addiction or in the consequences of sin do we truly realize the magnitude of the consequences of our error. We know what those things are when we pick them up, But we allow the fleeting gratification found in sin to mask our senses just once then twice until we lower our guard for that final time where in we are bitten by the serpant to which the only remedy is found in the Venom its self. This is known as Anti Venom is derived from the venom its self. Such is life the only way to over come the venom of sin is to pertake of the Anti venom which is the saving attonement of Jesus Christ. For Christ Drank out of that bitter cup so that we might over come Sin and Death. May we strive to avoid sin in our every day life so that we can grow in perfection and avoid the sadest words of tongue or pen which are the final words of wonder which is What Might Have Been.
Story Unknow origin Revision and conclusion by
D. Newburn

No comments: