Saturday, May 29, 2010

“THERE IS AN EMPTY CHAIR IN CHURCH”

There is an empty chair in church

Whose could it be?

It’s always there each Sunday sitting quietly.

That chair always seems more like a nuisance

always getting in the way.

So in their minds did say

To remove the chair

Oh who would despair?

Does anyone care?

I don’t know why it must stay

For what good is an empty chair when it is always in the way!!

If they only knew where that chairs been

They would see It as a sin, to remove it from its place

In a selfish effort just to save a little space

If they only knew who would fill it

If only they could see

That is the place where Jesus sat

Observing quietly

I did not know he was holding that seat

Patiently he did wait

For me to wander down my winding course to learn from my mistakes

There is an empty chair in church

that chairs just for me

Jesus has reserved it and is waiting patiently.

If they only knew

How great their search would be

For that chair that sits vacant in The Lords house waiting for you and me.

For when you draw close to the Lord

He will draw close to you

And that is when you will find the one you love

Who has been waiting on only you

Of The sweet gospel they will partake

And for eternity you will always make

A friend the Lord would not forsake

But was waiting for only you.



By

D. Newburn

No comments: