Sunday, May 30, 2010

Revised “THERE IS AN EMPTY CHAIR IN CHURCH”

There is an empty chair in church




Whose could it be?



It’s always there each Sunday sitting quietly.



That chair always seems more like a nuisance



Always getting in the way.



So in their minds the congregation did say



To remove the chair



Oh who would despair?



Does anyone care?



I just don’t know why it must stay



For what good is an empty chair when it is always in the way!!



If they only knew where that chairs been



It would be thought a sin, to remove that chair from its place



No matter how thick or thin



For it would only be a selfish effort just to save a little space



If they only knew who would fill it



If they could only see



For that is the place where Jesus sits



Observing quietly



I did not know he was holding that seat



Patiently he did wait



For me to wander down my winding course to learn from my mistakes



There is an empty chair in church



that chairs just for me



Jesus has reserved it and is waiting patiently.



If they only knew



How great their search would be



For that chair that sits vacant in The Lords house is waiting for you and me.



For When you draw close to the Lord



He will draw close to you



All he ask is a little time each day just a moment or two.



Jesus does not care about your talents for which you do possess



For he can give you more, his gifts are limitless



But you must use the ones you have and humbly share each day



The master sees the worldly cares and pride that stands in the way



For he knows the worldly things only waste our day.



So he has given us talents but for them you must pay



You find there is a cost attached you’ll see along the way



You must share your talents wisely or they will not stay



For when your talents are shared I know You will see his face



As you serve your neighbor you will find his loving grace



By doing this you will find the ones you love



Those waiting just for you



Perhaps you once made them a promise before you came here too



With this promise you must keep and search every day



You see we all once lived in heaven and full happiness we did seek.



When the two plans were presented our joy was at its peak



We stood together joyfully and chose the path we could not fake



To come to earth and gain a body and learn from our mistakes.



For you it has been given to hear of his word of our Lord.



For me when I come down here a stranger I would be.



So you must to share the gospel in the way you know I’ll see



You’ll know how to teach me as you pray silently



So please remember, The most important thing you can give is your time

For this the master cannot steal.



You have to give it with a willing heart and serve with might and zeal.



As I watch the way you live your life, I won’t be able to resist

For I can see the covenants that you have made for they are written on your face.



I will see the words that Jesus taught in every thought and deed



As you share the gospel I know I will see

That friend from not so long ago

Who made a promise to me.


By



D. Newburn

No comments: