Monday, August 4, 2008

A TRUE BLUE FRIEND IS A TRUE ASSET

Asset - 1plural a: the property of a deceased person subject by law to the payment of his or her debts and legacies

Legacies - something transmitted by or received from an ancestor or predecessor or from the past legacy of the ancient philosophers>

In life if you have a true blue friend you need to consider them an asset. And when you look up asset it refers to legacies. When you have a friend this person given you something from the past. That is why you are friends. This gift has to be nothing more than their time.

So I pose a question what is the biggest complement a friend could give to you at this moment. ( Think of someone whom you consider a friend)

What would it be.

Well for me talk is cheap and so is your outfit.

The biggest compliment anyone could ever give to you is his or her TIME.

In this world now more than ever, time is the most precious commodity someone can possess each choice you make that occupies your time and takes time away from other obligations you have and thus causes you to forfeit other opportunities.

When I was a little boy around 9 years old I learned a poem in school it was entitled

I have only just one minute.

I have only just one minute

Only 60 seconds in it

Force upon me

Can’t refuse it

Didn’t seek it

Didn’t choose it

But it is up to me to use it

I must suffer if I loose it

Give account if I abuse it

Just a tiny little minute

But eternity is in it.

I submit to you that spending time with your Family is what makes them your friends.

Spending time with your friends is what makes them Family.

Now lets look at Liability- one that acts as a disadvantage : drawback

It is a fact of life that we all come with assets and liabilities.

If you find one person who has walked the earth with all assets besides JESUS CHRIST let me know because it is the end of time and he has returned.

So in life when you have a friend they will have assets and liabilities and that is a given.

Now when I talk about assets and liabilities, I am not talking about money I am talking about what they bring to the table as a friend.

Husbands and wife’s and friends are often times opposites because opposites attract and that is what makes the world go around.

It is through these opposites each person learns to meet in the middle and find common ground to become one either as a couple or best friends.

In life you will find those people whom you click with and those you deal with.

Then you have the family that you inherited when you were born and I like to refer to them as stuck with.

No matter what comes or goes whether you love them or hate them trust them or miss trust them you are stuck with them because they are family.

No comments: