Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Have you ever noticed how much more you prize something you have worked

Have you ever noticed how much more you prize something you have worked and sacrificed for against something that was just given to you? If it were up to me I would rather have my life flow smoothly featuring a unbroken chain of green lights and empty parking spaces in front of my favorite destinations
with scuba diving and ice-cream every morning and Mexican food for lunch and a seafood boil on a beach paradise every night as I retire to my bungalow that resides over the water of a crystal blue lagoon. Ohhh sorry I just woke up. In reali...ty, True victories in life come through our ability to work around and climb over the obstacles that lie across and encumber our path. We grow stronger as we climb our own mountain verses coasting down the slopes of those who have gone before us. One of the blessings as we walk though the rough road of life comes in the form of friends. I have often sung a song to my children from Disney’s The Jungle book. Due to my lack of talent in that area, I am sure my rendition would not hit the top 40. Never the less , The song is “That’s What Friends Are For”. Some of the lyrics are, When you’re alone, who comes around, To pluck you up, When you are down. And when you’re on the outside looking in, who’s there to open the door that’s what friends are for. So you can see we’re friends in need and friends in need, are friends in deed, We’ll keep you safe in the jungle for ever more. That’s what friends are for

No comments: