Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Strengthening families is our sacred duty as parents,

Strengthening families is our sacred duty as parents, children, extended family members, leaders, teachers, but it must start with us as individuals.The greatest help we have in strengthening our family is to know and follow Christ and rely on Him to help us. And continue to petition the Lord for guidance in daily prayer. Christ has suffered everything we could possibly imagine. He know...s how we feel. He understands. He will help. “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” “Whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.” “Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers.” “Be faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments of God, and I will encircle thee in the arms of my love.” Gordon B. Hinckley said, “It is imperative that you not neglect your families. Nothing you have is more precious. . . . When all is said and done, it is this family relationship which we will take with us into the life beyond.” Remember the great love of our Savior. He said in Isaiah 41:10, “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee.” Then in verse 13 He says again, “I will help thee.” And once more in verse 14 He says, “I will help thee.”Believe the Savior. He will help us. He loves us. He wants us to be happy. But we must open the door he can only knock. It is you who hold the key to your heart and the handle to the door.


Excerpt from Julie B. Beck “Stand Strong and Immovable”

No comments: