Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Tussle of Life

Moms and Dads In the tussle of life seem to live in the moment.Your school project is due when!!!! ??? !!!, Son where have you been? you know it’s time to go. Sally where are your shoes. John go clean your face. Now where are my keys?! I know I put them some place. Does the car have enough gas? Well ho...w far can we go. John will you put up that truck I just stumped my toe. Sally, brush your hair. John go clean your teeth. You kids are driving me crazy!!! Why can’t you just be neat. Now where are we heading, We’ve got to go, You know were going to be late. Dear is it pay day yet there is so much we have to buy. Hurry let’s get in the car, for sure I’ve got to speed. Hi officer. He’s late for his game. Im sorry I will slow down. Boy Im glad the John is a teen so he can carry his self to the game, now there is so much he can do. It sure does lighten my load. He does not know how much he helps when he drives Sally too. What time is their game? Honey come, the kids left an hour ago. I cant believe John is graduating today. It has been a blast but the time has flown fast. I hope he gets that scholarship. Because that tuition is sure to take chunk and our savings just wont last. Sally has a new boyfriend now, he just seems so nice. I just hope she listens to me when I give her my advice. Wow I cant believe the kids are grown they have moved so far away. I wish they would call now and then. Sometimes I wish they would come and stay. The house is so quiet now. And our car is always full. Our insurance is so low now. All those tickets have fallen off. Boy the house is so quiet. It always seems to stays clean. I have not tripped over a toy in a while. Every things in its place. Wow, I just passed the mirror and the reflection caught me off guard; I almost did not recognize that face. That reflection in the mirror it sure caught me by surprise. I see now that time doesn’t stop for anyone, I cant believe how time did fly. Honey John and Sally just called today. They say their planning a trip. I cant wait till the grand kids get here, I hope their drive is safe. You know It has been 3 years now since I have seen their face. You see when you get older and your hair turns white and gray. You never think about that fancy car you always wanted for it is out of style now anyway. The fancy cloths you once adored you saw at goodwill today. Boy have times changed the style in a most peculiar way. I drove by that huge house I always longed to have. Somehow it seemed different; the house had lost its glow. I realized now it was just nails and boards without a guarantee. For I have learned love grows best in little houses where there is little space. You see our love survived and grew in our little place. Today those pricey things do not matter now, there is just one worry that I have each day. I wonder How have my kids have turned out and do they remember to pray. Do they remember the lessons I taught in this little place. Now that they have moved on and bought their own place. You see I don’t think about the trips we did not take. I am not worried about the pearls my husband could not afford. I do not think about the trip to Italy. Because they are far better than the dream. That crystal blue Italian lake has now lost its appeal. My grand kids are now my only dream. They have become my piece of foreign sky. For In my eyes I still see the picture of that little child God entrusted to me. I see now more clearly since I am out of the race, Family is all that matters now that I am old and gray. I just hope I taught them well while I was trying to keep pace. For I worry about some of the decisions I made while I was in the race. I’m glad you came to visit this week I always love to see your face. You look a little stressed my son, how are things at your new place. Now Sally when is your little one due you will forget about the pain. In the end even though you can not now see . In the end that little one you now hold next to you, Soon will become your new best friend as you finish your race. So just remember to stop and give thanks for each and every day. Take time to enjoy and cherish that little growing face. For before you know it they will be grown and you’ll be waiting for that visit too, from your new best friend who has became a part of you “My parents had 8 children. My dad told me recently he never knew he was raising his best friends.”
By D Newburn

No comments: